Have you experienced a threatening event,
and you wish it would stop haunting you?
Have you been directly or indirectly affected by a traumatic event?
- Is it difficult to stop thinking about what happened?
- Are you avoiding or affected by people, places, or experiences that relate to the event?
- Do you feel embarrassment, guilt, or shame about what happened?
If you said “yes” to any of the above, that can change. You’re not alone.
Trauma hurts—It is the result of overwhelming stress, and can damage your identity, self-worth, relationships, and daily activities. Trauma presents itself differently from person to person. It can be caused by anything, anywhere, and can happen to anyone. The effects of trauma can be felt immediately or even months to years later.
People who have experienced trauma can also have the following symptoms:
- Feeling numb
- Feeling nervous, tense, or panicked, sometimes for no reason at all
- Being afraid of things that you weren’t afraid of before
- Overreacting to situations that you could handle before
- Sudden emotional outbursts becoming more common (aggression, anger, fear, crying, etc.)?
- Trouble sleeping restfully
- Being plagued by frequent dreams, nightmares, or flashbacks
- Take control—If left untreated, trauma can take over your life.
Fortunately, the effects of trauma are treatable with the support of a licensed psychologist.
At Wellness Ways, a licensed psychologist works with you at a comfortable pace to talk about the event, explore ways to decrease symptoms, and support you in gaining a greater sense of control over your life.
This is done by working together to understand the trauma and its effects, to provide you with several evidence-based coping skills to promote relaxation, and to create a new narrative that encourages an increased sense of self-esteem and self-empowerment.
Transcend closed doors—Wellness Ways provides you with a safe and understanding environment. This includes a private seating area for counseling and a comfortable waiting room, complete with white noise machines for additional confidentiality.