Do you feel stuck in sadness, and want your suffering to end?
Do any of the following apply to you?
1. Do you feel like life is taking a downturn, and you don’t know why?
2. Are you having feelings of hopelessness, guilt, shame, or worthlessness?
3. Do you feel like it would be better if you didn’t exist?
4. Is it hard to care about anything or anyone, including things that you once loved?
5. Do you feel paralyzed?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, don’t worry. You’re not alone.
Depression is a serious condition—It can cripple daily life and functioning. It is one of the most common mental disorders in the United States, and affects people from all cultural backgrounds. Depression can happen at any age and for many reasons—such as life stressors, relational conflicts, trauma, and genetic influences. It is neither a sign of weakness nor a character flaw, but rather a condition resulting from overwhelming unpleasant experiences.
People who suffer from depression can also experience any of the following symptoms:
• Difficulty avoiding negative thoughts
• Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, or making decisions
• Feeling unmotivated
• Finding it a constant struggle to get through your day
• Pushing people away, including those whose attention you want
• Feeling like a burden to others
• Difficulty finding things to look forward to
• Being easily annoyed
• Lacking direction or a way to get where you want to go
Without treatment, these symptoms can multiply or compound, and often worsen with time.
Fortunately, it is never too late to begin treatment.
Your wellness is a team effort—At Wellness Ways, a licensed psychologist works with you to develop a plan towards reaching your wellness goals, by helping you acquire the tools needed to achieve those goals. These include such skills as effectively managing your daily stress, improving your self-worth, and discovering things in everyday life that reignite your hope.
We achieve this by understanding your life experience, using that information to identify the factors lying at the root of your symptoms, and creating an action plan to resolve issues that hinder your progress.
Welcome change—Wellness Ways provides you with an inviting environment, complete with a waiting room, a large private seating area for counseling, and external white noise machines to secure privacy.