Do you experience emotional suffering after a loss,
and do you seek support and guiding light through this dark time?
Have you lost someone or something important?
- Are you consumed by sadness or regret?
- Do you feel like a part of you is missing, and you’ll never get it back?
- Are you living as if your loss never happened?
If you said “yes” to any of these, there is hope. You’re not alone.
Grief and loss are emotions that no one should have to experience, but everyone will. They can cause prolonged and serious symptoms, including depression, anxiety, physical illness, and even traumatic stress. However, the grieving process is natural and unique to each person, and should not rushed.
People who suffer from grief or loss can also have the following symptoms:
- Believing that the loss is a scar that will never heal
- Feeling lost or alone
- Constantly asking yourself “why” or “what if”
- Wondering if you could have done something to prevent your loss
- Feeling slow or lethargic
- Difficulty in emotionally accepting the loss
- Without treatment, grief and loss can lead to serious forms of depression and anxiety.
Fortunately, both grief and loss are treatable, and most cases can be resolved with the assistance of a licensed psychologist.
Growth after grief—At Wellness Ways, a licensed psychologist helps you along the path to accepting your grief. This can be accomplished by discovering healthy connections with the loss, redefining your identity if needed, and finding ways to honor the loss while still moving forward.
Take the next step—Wellness Ways provides you with a supportive environment, including a comfortable seating area for counseling, and a waiting room complete with white noise machines for privacy.