Do you have extreme fear or tension,
and wish it would just go away?
Do any of the following apply to you?
- Do you feel excessive worry and uncontrollable restlessness?
- Does it seem impossible to relax?
- Are you overwhelmingly self-conscious and afraid of being judged?
If you said “yes” to any of the above, don’t worry. You’re not alone.
Anxiety can be paralyzing—It can hinder relationships, interfere with work and other obligations, disturb your sense of personal worth, and prevent you from engaging in daily activities. It is the most common psychiatric illness, and can affect anyone. Although similar to depression, anxiety involves extreme nervousness, fear, and worry. Many anxiety disorders are due to environmental stressors and brain changes.
Anxious people can also have the following symptoms:
- Avoiding specific people, places, or situations, even when they are necessary
- Sleep difficulties
- Racing heartbeat, sweating, dizziness, or shortness of breath
- Ongoing distress after witnessing a threatening event
- If untreated, anxiety tends to linger and worsen over time.
Fortunately, anxiety is highly treatable, and the vast majority of people who experience it can be helped with the assistance of a licensed psychologist.
Don’t worry—At Wellness Ways, a licensed psychologist works with you to understand the cause(s) of your anxiety by teaching coping techniques to reduce worry. These techniques include skills such as mindfulness, visualization, and particular relaxation exercises.
We accomplish this by exploring your life experience, identifying possible causes, and developing a plan to support your progress toward reducing anxiety.
Your comfort and security matter—Wellness Ways provides you with a safe environment, including a private seating area and a waiting room complete with white noise machines for confidentiality.